I confess, I think I had more fun making this than my children! There is something so soothing and timeless about rolling dough about in your hands and making shapes! My daughter and I had this idea about making a picnic feast for her Sylvanian families in the doll's house, and it came out so well, and was so much fun, I decided to share the idea here on my little blog.
So here is the recipe for the salt dough. We used white flour and cooking salt, which made a lovely soft and pliable dough.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup water approx
- acrylic paints
- Non toxic varnish
WHAT TO DO:
- First to make your salt dough. Mix the flour, salt and water in a large bowl, till it forms a pliable dough. Add the water a little at a time. Add more water if need be.
- Transfer your dough to a suitable surface (ie: table top or tray)
- Make lots of fun and tiny dolly sized food
- Put all creations on a baking tray and cook for approx 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees c
- Take out and leave to cool
- Paint using acrylics and decorate with a sprinkle of glitter if you wish!
_ Lastly, once paint is dry, finish with a non toxic varnish
- Perhaps crochet or sew a tiny picnic blanket and get the dolls out for a fabulous picnic!
Arisha's Inspiration Corner
Hi there, I am Arisha. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of inspirations! I LOVE making things. This blog is a place for me to share with you, lots of lovely things to make and do including:
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!