This is a very easy and delicious dip, and can also be used as a sauce base for courgetti spaghetti! (Spiralized courgette.) You can make your own variations and substitutions to personalize this yummy dip to your own taste preferences too. Soaking the seeds activates the enzymes making this dish extremely healthy as well as delicious!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup sunflower seeds- soaked over night
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes- soaked over night (keep the soak water)
juice of 1/2 lemon
tamari or soy sauce
clove of garlic
pinch of sea salt
1 dessert spoon dried yeast powder (engevita)
1 tblsp tahini
1tsp spiralina powder
dash of olive oil
WHAT TO DO:
- Drain and rinse your sunflower seeds and put into blender or food processor
- Drain your sun dried tomatoes,( setting aside the soak water) and add to blender
- Add all other ingredients to blender along with a bit of the tomato soak water and blend.
- If mixture is not blending well add more soak water till it is smooth and creamy
- Transfer into a pretty bowl and serve with veg sticks, or mix into a bowl of corgetti spaghetti and mix in chopped vegetables and maybe some sesame seeds for a light, raw version of cooked pasta and sauce, yummy!
Arisha's Inspiration Corner
Hi there, I am Arisha. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of inspirations! I LOVE making things. This blog is a place for me to share with you, lots of lovely things to make and do including:
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!