I have always been an advocate of natural remedies, but in the past I have felt despondent about seemingly constant nit invasions to my children's heads and ineffectual treatments, but I have good news! A natural treatment, that really works and even improves the condition of your hair and scalp! Remember it is best to treat the whole family at the same time, even if only one or two people have nits to avoid having to do the whole process again in a couple of days if one other person had one nit egg that then hatched!!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- a 'nitty gritty' metal nit comb (they get the eggs as well as the lice)
- coconut butter
- apple cider vinegar
WHAT TO DO:
- Brush and nit comb your child's hair dry first
- Pour cider vinegar either neat or a little watered down over the roots of the hair and massage it in, then comb it through
- Let the vinegar dry naturally or dry with a hair dryer
- Next take a generous handful of coconut butter and warm in the palms of your hands
- Massage this all over the scalp then take your comb and comb right through the hair
- Wrap hair in a towel and leave this treatment on overnight or at least for a few hours
- In the morning, pour more vinegar over the scalp and comb again
- Wash out with shampoo
- Remember to launder all bedding and wash hairbrushes (I recommend a couple of drops of tea tree oil with hot water for the hairbrushes )
- Nit comb the hair every night for a week, then do treatment again
- Now your whole familie's hair should be completely nit free and super silky
I know the ingredients for this treatment become pricey if you have a bigger family, like us, but I believe the cost is well worth it for the effectiveness of the treatment.
Arisha's Inspiration Corner
Hi there, I am Arisha. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of inspirations! I LOVE making things. This blog is a place for me to share with you, lots of lovely things to make and do including:
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!