My kids absolutely LOVE Christmas crackers, so we do usually end up buying some, but I am always a bit annoyed at the extra tiny pieces of plastic junk that spring forth from said crackers and end up scattered everywhere. I must also admit to cringing at the bang part too, so this year, I vowed to make some marvelous, beautiful and wholesome crackers which don't go bang with my children. We had a lot of fun making these and you could really go to town with the decorations too. We used edible treats, but you could use handmade soaps, ostheimer animals, pots of bubbles, anything you like to fill them!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Some empty toilet roll tubes
- Coloured tissue paper (A4 size is ideal)
- Wool or ribbon or string
- Something yummy to go inside (We used Nakd bars)
- PVA glue, buttons, sequins, glitter
WHAT TO DO:
-Fill your tubes with the presents/ bars
- Carefully roll the tube up in the tissue paper and twist the ends to seal in the present
- Do this with all your tubes
- Now cut small lengths of wool (or ribbon/string) and tie round each twisted end
- Finally put a blob of PVA glue on each one and decorate with buttons or sequins and lots of glitter!
- Put out of the way somewhere to dry and store in a box till Christmas day!
Arisha's Inspiration Corner
Hi there, I am Arisha. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of inspirations! I LOVE making things. This blog is a place for me to share with you, lots of lovely things to make and do including:
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!