These dolly pegs make such cute gifts. I use mine mainly to seal packets of flour, lentils, coffee and stuff in the kitchen, but also to peg up my kid's artwork on a string and even to actually peg out the laundry! These are really easy and enjoyable to make, so grab your paintbrushes and lets get creative!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A pack of wooden dolly pegs (very cheap on ebay)
- Acrylic paints
- Water based varnish
- Strip of thick cardboard
WHAT TO DO:
- Lay newspaper out over your work surface
- Wedge your piece of thick card to a standing position and stand your pegs along this
- Paint your base colour/s onto the pegs
- Once dry, paint cute little patterns onto the pegs. (My fave so far is tiny toadstools on a green background)
- Once dry coat in varnish
- If you are going to give these as a gift you could wrap them in a bundle with a pretty piece of ribbon and sweeten someone's day!
Arisha's Inspiration Corner
Hi there, I am Arisha. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of inspirations! I LOVE making things. This blog is a place for me to share with you, lots of lovely things to make and do including:
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!