These cupcakes are so sweet and tasty, that no-one would guess they are sugar free! You can also use the mix to make a big cake too, you just need to cook it for a little longer. It makes a fantastic alternative to sugary birthday cake and produces a less hyper party of kids too!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups sifted spelt flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter ( room temp )
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup honey
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees centigrade
- Combine cocoa and water and whisk till blended
- In another big bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and honey
- Mix soft butter into flour mix
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla to cocoa mix and whisk till smooth
- Add cocoa mix to flour mix and whisk together till smooth
- Spoon into paper cases and bake for approximately 20-25 mins or until a fork comes out clean
- Top with frosting of your choice. I have used a small tub of cream cheese mixed with 1/3 cup honey and a dash of vanilla extract and topped each one with a raspberry- yummy!
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!