This is the first time I have made this cake and it is YUMMY! Would be delish with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream too.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 1/2 pineapples or 1 tin of pineapple rings
- glace cherries (optional)
- 8oz butter plus 2oz butter
- 8oz honey
- 8oz spelt flour
- 1/2 tblspn baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
WHAT TO DO:
- melt the 2oz butter and pour into an 8 inch cake tin
- Slice the pineapple and arrange the rings into the tin (you can add glace cherries too if you like)
- Drizzle with honey
- Cream remaining butter and sugar together in a bowl till smooth
- Add eggs one at a time with a little of the flour
- Mix baking powder with the rest of the flour and vanilla extract and add to the mixture
- If the mix is too wet add a little extra flour
- Spoon mixture onto pineapples and bake for 40 minutes @ 160 degrees centigrade
- Wait for cake to cool then tip out onto a plate and marvel at your pineapply creation!
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!