Do you, like me, have a hula hoop staring accusingly at you from across the room? Did you, like me, have great intentions of learning all kinds of hula hooping tricks and getting a trim tummy from all that hooping, only to find you spent a lot more time watching other people doing said tricks on youtube than actually picking up your hoop? Then this is the blog post for you.
Turn that hula hoop into a fabulous garden art installation instead! You will feel joy every time you look at it instead of annoyance!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 hula hoop
- 1 or 2 balls of chunky, colourful yarn
- A few big feathers and beads
WHAT TO DO:
- Begin by wrapping yarn tightly round the whole hoop to hide the plastic, and tie in a secure knot at end
- Now attach the end of your yarn ball and wrap following the below instructions:
-Click the button above to visit the site I got this picture from, they have great written instructions and a lovely dream catcher legend too.
- Once you get to the middle, fasten off your yarn securely
- Now make 3 long plaits and tie them to the bottom of the dream catcher a few inches apart
-If you like you can thread big beads onto these plaits now
- Tie or sew a big feather to the bottom of each plait.
-Now tie a loop to the top so you can hang it up
- All that remains is to hang your beautiful creation up in a tree or somewhere in your garden or a friend's.
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!