My kids and I had a great time making these lanterns! It is a little bit of a sticky craft, but lots of fun! These look fantastic ranged around your pumpkin lantern, or as a centre piece for your table.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- some clean jam jars with labels taken off
- orange tissue paper
- dark coloured paper
- PVA glue
- candle nightlights or battery powered nightlights
WHAT TO DO:
- Draw spooky Halloween shapes on your dark paper , make sure they are the right size for your jars
- Cut out said shapes
- lather PVA glue all over your jar
- Stick the dark shapes onto the jars, then put more glue over the tops of them too
- Cut strips of orange tissue paper to fit around the jars
- Carefully wrap the tissue paper round the jars, smoothing gently as you go.
- Add more glue to stick the end piece onto itself
- Finally paint another layer of glue over the entire jar to act as a kind of varnish
- Allow time to dry, then place a nightlight inside each jar and enjoy the beautiful warm glow these lanterns give!
- Happy Halloween!
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!