I usually make a variation of this project every December using dried orange slices and sometimes cinnamon sticks to begin our festive preparations! They give off a gorgeous aroma and look so pretty. I have omitted the cinnamon this time and hung the orange slices from a lovely driftwood stick, but you could use any stick you like and add cinnamon sticks too if you feel like it!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3-4 oranges
- Baking sheet and foil
- Driftwood or any stick
- Hemp string
- Big darning needle
WHAT TO DO:
- Line your baking sheet with foil
- Slice your oranges approximately 5mm wide or a bit thinner and lay onto your foiled baking sheet
-Bake @ 180 degrees, turn after one hour, then again 30 minutes later. Keep checking them as they can go brown quite quickly
- Gently peel them off foil once cool
- Meanwhile, take your stick and tie string round each end to make a loop for hanging your mobile.
- Cut 3 long pieces of string and using the darning needle thread string through orange slices going through the peel each side
- Thread on as many as you like to each string, then tie all 3 strings to your stick, I made the middle one a bit longer than the side ones.
- Tie a little knot at the bottom of each string and hang up somewhere pretty! I hung mine over the radiator as the heat rising through the oranges makes such a lush smell!
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!