It is tradition in our house to always make our own Christmas tree decorations, I treasure the ones the children have made and I love getting them out each year. This year we are making wooden peg doll angels, they are super easy and everyone can join in!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- wooden peg dolls ( I found mine on ebay)
- acrylic paints
- White wool felt
- Tiny brass screw in hoops
- Non toxic varnish (optional)
- Hot glue gun
WHAT TO DO:
-First, paint the bodies white, or whatever colour you want your angels to be
- Next paint the face and hairstyle
- When that is all dry, paint a gold halo on the heads, and if you like, a gold heart on the chest.
- When paint is dry, varnish with the non toxic varnish
- Cut out some wing shapes from the felt and using the hot glue gun, glue to the back.
- Finally, screw a little brass hoop into the top of the head so you can hook her onto the Christmas tree
- Voila! Happy making and Merry Christmas!
Subscribe below to receive each new post hot off the press direct to your email!